Sunday, October 11, 2015

Coffeeneuring Ride #2.

Coffeeneuring Ride #2.
Where: Spoken (previously Beans & Bagels) 1812 W Montrose Ave - Chicago, IL
When: Sunday, October 11, 2015 - morning
What: Espresso, coffee in a bike-friendly thermos - bagels for home
The Ride: took mostly side streets - my secret routes to get around areas in my larger neighborhood - and started and finished with a loop around Horner Park - beautifully sunny morning. Spoken, previously Beans & Bagels, serves coffee and bagels, and my new favorite espresso in the city - surprisingly delicious in a city of high end espresso shops. I know the owner, Will, from bike transactions and parts swaps, and he has a vintage race bike on display above shelves of coffee making supplies. They used to, maybe still do, get pastries picked up via bike trailer.
The Bike: '84 Schwinn Voyageur, single speed, setup randonneur style - my commuter
Mileage: 4 miles roundtrip

No comments:

Post a Comment